Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Joan's Weekly Challenge & New Bow Maker by My Brother



Well, here I am posting for Joan's weekly challenge, I have not done as much of late as I would have liked, my life is never boring, as of this moment I am still re couping from Food Poisoning, I have never in my life had stomach pains as bad as these were, was so close to going to the Emergency Room, I would have gone if pains did not subside when they did, and also knowing what and how bad emergency rooms are, I try to go only as a last resort, I have been in them so much the last few years, I only go when I absolutely have to!!!
So, I am now improving, my stomach and intestines are actually bruised, and they hurt when I walk, so keeping a low profile.

But I did manage to get my card for Joan's challenge done, just barely!!
I so love to do the challenges at Joan's, they are never overly hard, and if you don't have what you need, Joan does, and if she does not have what you are looking for, she will gladly try and get it!! A wonderful place to visit, shop, and get some inspiration, make some wonderful friends and maybe win a prize!!

Will try and remember what I used, If I don't have exact names, I will adjust the post in a day or two. Not like I have many viewers anyway, but I do try and be as accurate as I can.

Here are the guide lines for this week,

Here is what you need to do for Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #6
■Create a Get Well card.
■Color theme should be Green and White
■Use some type of basket
■Use some kind of Pattern Paper
You will have until next Thursday (February23) morning 6:00 AM EST to link your project.
You can enter more than once. A winner will be chosen from the Random Drawing for week #6 challenge and will be announced Friday February 24th. This winner will win a small Punch a Bunch Punch. The winner will also be entered in the end of the year $100 gift certificate drawing.

And of course, the wondrous Selma, Joan's design team or design, WOMAN, has a wonderful blog, Selma's Stamping Corner, and she has done a beautiful sample card that can be viewed HERE.

Above is my card for this week, supplies used by me, (Brain is trying to remember here now, so list may not be complete)

Bazzil Cardstock
Adhesive
Copics to color flowers
Bling
Nestabilities for Behind Sentiment (Hero Arts sentiment stamp)
Staz On Black ink for sentiment
Gina K. Stamp Set for Basket stamp, which I stamped, colored and cut out and 3D popped for dimension.
Flowers are Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch
Greenery are various Dies, from Martha's Sprig Punch, to dies from Memory Box and Cheery Lynn, I cut up various ones to make fit.
PPaper is by Bo Bunny
Used one of my Label Nestabilities behind the stamped image, and used my large dabber to go around the label with Memento green ink and in the center near the top on the inside a I did Yellow, it does not show up much in the picture, but it looks very nice in person.

White ribbon was used to make my lovely bow, made with my NEW Bow maker, which was made for me by my lovely brother Skip, he is such a love. I showed him a picture of Becca's new one that she is selling, and he made me one. It means so much to me, haveing something made by my dear brother, and it is by no means about the money saved by not having to buy one. I just love having Home Made items.

Many years ago I was into Macrame weaving , and used to make a lot of the Large and Long Macrame hangers for plants, so my dear brother Skip, made me a lovely Macrame loom, which I still have to this day, it is large and in the basement, as I may some day go back to it!! I used the loom to supplement my income, by making the plant hangers to specific orders, when the kids were small, and I was not working, and a stay at home Mom. So many fond memories.
So hoping this bow maker gets as much use as the macrame loom did. Will attach a picture of my bow maker too. I am sure I will, as it is a dream to make bows on, very sturdy, love the thicker posts, it does not move all over, he did a beautiful job. Thanks Becca for the idea, my brother really enjoyed watching your videos. As he wanted an idea of how the item would function when he was done building it, so he watched you in action.

Oh well, think that is it, thanks for stopping by. See ya soon.
Hugs
Donna

3 comments:

  1. Donna, your card is very pretty. I love all the layers and the colors are so soothing.
    Love you bow maker too. What a nice brother!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Donna, your card is BEAUTIFUL!! Love the way you've arranged the flowers and WOW ... look at the BOW!! GORGEOUS! What a wonderful creation you have here!

    That's your bow maker? WOW! Wish my brother would take time to visit let alone make me a bow maker like this! How sweet! Wishing you a wonderful week! Good to see you again at Joan's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I love your bow and those gorgeous flowers. Wonderful card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete