Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend Winding Down



Well I hope you all had a great weekend, our weather here in NJ was gorgeous, Liked it a bit better on Saturday, it was a little bit cooler out, today was a bit too warm, but so glad Fall is on the way. I have had enough hot weather and high Electric bills.

So we had relaxing one here, trying to put my creating room to rights, but it so needs a major overhaul, hopefully will get to all of that soon.

I did get to make one card, I had a lot of local projects to be finished up around here last week, so did not get much card making done. I did hear from Dixie in North Carolina, and she was so nice and let me know how much she liked all the cards I sent for Operation Write Home, a great cause for our soldiers, you can send in your home made cards for them to write to their families on. I am so glad someone will be enjoying my creations. I hope to keep up with this, I did it at first as part of a challenge, associated with Hero Arts, now I will do it because it feels good and right to do. So all cards I make and show here will be going to our troops to use in the future.

Attached is a card for a challenge on Flickr/Hero Arts, me and my new flickr friend Anette from New Zealand are creating, wer are doing 5 cards each, we use the same stamp in the same week and see what we come up with. This is our second week, and I am so enjoying doing this.

So I hope you enjoy the card, I used Bazzil cardstock, Hero Arts stamps, Large Canvas Stripes background, and Fabulous Flourish, and lastly, the stamp Garden star Flower stamp, I did some embossing, used some perfect pearls, copics, and I added a little bling and some brads in the center of the flowers and some ribbon. I am pleased with the outcome, some times I am not always thrilled with the end results, but this one was a keeper, or I guess not, it will be heading out with the next shipment of cards heading for Operation Write Home.

Well, thanks for stopping by and see you soon,

Love Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment