Monday, July 9, 2012

Joan's Challenge #24


Hi All, hope you all are doing well, I don't know about you all, but I seem to be operating in Reverse lately, last week I had a card made for Joan's challenge, but never made it to posting about it or uploading my entry, can't actually say why either, gee think I will blame it on the heat!!!

Hope you all are staying cool!! Anyway, here are the guidelines for this weeks challenge:

Here is what you need to do for Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #24
■Create a card very similar to Selma's Card

Use an embossed background


Use a lace border


Use Selma's tutorial to create flowers


Use Pink and White


You will have until next Thursday (July 12) morning 6:00 AM EST to link your project.

You can enter more than once. A winner will be chosen from the Random Drawing for week #24

The winner of challenge and will be announced Friday July 13. This winner will win an a pad of 8 1/2 x 11 white card stock for making flowers. The winner will also be entered in the end of the year $100 gift certificate drawing.


I had such fun making these flowers, and Selma's tutorial on how to make them is so easy to follow, I get all my supplies around me on a snack tray and make them while I am watching TV, time just flies by. I had fun making this style flower, I love to make flowers of all kinds!!!

Anyway, hop on over to Joan's HERE, all products can be purchased through Joan's wonderful web site, and if you would like to take a Gander at Selma's beautiful example card, check out her card and site HERE.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great summer.


Goodness, how silly of me, almost forgot to list my supplies.
I used,
Marianne Embossing Folder
Sizzix Embossing Folder
My Vagabond of Course
Cheery Lynn Flourish Die
Cheery Lynn Leaf Dies, 2 different kind
Spellbinders Spiral Blossom 1, and itsy Bitsy Blossom, and also My Favorite Things Spiral Rose Die.
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Liquid Pearls
Distress Inks
Sentiment is From one of my Just Rite Sets

Think that is it, and card stock of course, need to get some paper for making my flowers from Joan, great stuff!! Heck maybe I will be lucky enough to win this week!!! One can but hope!!

hugs
Donna

5 comments:

  1. Donna, your card is beautiful. I love your flowers and so glad you are enjoying making them.
    Wait till you see the next Build a Flower #2. Selma and I are so excited. It will be available on August 15.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly Challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, Your card is awesome!Love your flowers and all of your inking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW beautiful job on this card Donna! You did an EXCELLENT job on the flowers! Pretty design too! I'm sorry you can't make it to Joan's too! Would be awesome to meet you! But I totally understand ... that would be a 'bit of a drive'! It's 5 hours for me which isn't too bad actually since it's a pretty easy shot right across the turnpike! I will, however, give her a hug for you!
    HUGS TO YOU from OHIO! Thanks for popping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful Donna. You did a beautiful job creating your roses. Thanks for joining us again this week in our challenge at Joan's Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card Donna! I love how you distressed the embossing and your flowers are awesome. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete