Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Black and White Challenge at Joan's

Well, this weeks challenge at Joan's Gardens,  was definitely outside the box for me, I have only made one other black and white card, and it did not come easy for me, a lot of trial and error. Apologies in advance, some of my roses do not show up well in the picture, did the best I could.

Great Challenge though this week, you can check it out HERE, and the guidelines are all listed, I think I covered them all!! Usually the challenges are quite easy, but this one was a bit more difficult, which is good, gets us to get our thinking caps on!!  Anyway, check it out and of course, you can check out Joan's wonderful card HERE, and Selma's card example from Selma's Stamping corner, can be found HERE.

My card will follow, and I also am going to show the inside of the card as well. For now I have left my sentiment off as I am not sure what I am going to use the card for yet. I do this with most of my cards, unless I am making a specific card for someone.

If you have any questions, please let me know, almost all of the items I used can be purchased at Joan's Gardens.  The lace I got at a local craft store, the dies were all Memory box or My Favorite Things.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week.

hugs
Donna

 

12 comments:

  1. Donna your card is beautiful and you sure wouldn't know you struggled to make a black and white card. Great job!!!!
    thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan, I guess I am just not used to working with black and white, I just felt like it was not done yet, like something else should be going on, I did add the two little butterflies after you looked at it. Guess I have to use black and white more often. Thanks for the comment! You know what is going on, I am just glad I got one done!!! That was a miracle.
      hugs
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Donna, I love this card. Black and white look so crisp and clean. You did a great job in balancing the light and dark features of the card. How exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing and flowers. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna your card is just gorgeous! I love your flowers! The whole card is so striking. You did a fabulous job : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi donna; nice to see you back!!!
    your card turn out to be so beautiful...I myself do not use this combination too often but Oh My! it is elegant, sober love the branches...and I will use this combo definitely on the future...thanks for sharing
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna this is a gorgeous card. I love your arrangement and the completed inside. Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH NO!---nothing else should be going on with this gorgeous card. Your choice of dies, and the way you worked in the lace, and the borders and the emobssing is just beautiful! LOVE this card, and thank you for the inspiration for some things to do for effective card insides. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Donna you did a FABULOUS job on this black & white creation! Just GORGEOUS!!! AND ... (something I struggle with) ... the inside is as beautiful as the outside! WELL DONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Donna. Love the lace in-behind your gorgeous spray of roses. Love of dimension ... and a very elegant and classic black and white card! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna, Love this card!!!
    Can you tell me what embossing folder you used for the background of is it a die?
    Thank you.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowww, this is such a BEAUTIFUL & ELEGANT card!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete