Saturday, August 3, 2013

Gorgeous day in Jersey and Joan's Challenge

Hi All, hope you are having a nice weekend, we have had some gorgeous weather compared to the rest of the summer, It is 6 Pm on Saturday night and it is wonderfully cool outside with a lovely breeze, wish it would stay like this, including the daytime!! But summer is summer I guess.

Anyway, I finally got back in my craft room today, and have done the challenge over at Joan's Gardens for this week.  The guidelines can be found HERE And of course Selma did a wonderful sample card and that you can see HERE

I did them to the best of my ability, I used a  Brick wall Stencil, made by  Crafters Crafts I think, and I used Paint dabbers by Ranger to add some texture, when it was dry, I went over it with some purple pan pastels to tone it down some., as I did not have a purple dabber so I had to use cranberry and another color and it just did not match with the purple, I think it all looks ok now.

I used a Memory Box die, Lorelai Leaf, and used the negative of the cut as requested, then on top of the die cut I put some rolled roses using the Memory Box Rolled Roses. The leaves are from another company Elizabeth Crafts. I made the roses white, but purple distress ink on the edges. After roses were in place and dry I put some glossy accents all over the flowers to represent some dew drops
The sentiment is a die from Elizabeth Crafts and I cut it out in deep purple and then went over it with Glossy Accents.
To me the card looks great here, but the photo does not do it justice, sorry. Most of my stuff can be purchased at Joan's, that is where I get most  of all my Memory box Dies, and so many other wonderful things. Check it out!!

I guess that is it, any questions, let me know, and thanks for stopping by.
hugs
Donna

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Donna!! I love the colors and how you used the leaf inside the card Great job.
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    Www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the negative cut of the leaves. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Donna! I love the negative leaves. I hadn't thought of that. Love that brick wall background too! Someone will be drooling over their birthday card! Have a wonderful week! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this is such a lovely card. You did a great job on all the aspects of the challenge, and it turned out beautifully. The recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete